Since opening in 2002, our museum’s collections have grown to over 9,000 individual items. We will consider for donation military items such as uniforms and accoutrements, firearms and edged weapons, as well as archival material, diaries, letters, photographs, and books. Items will be reviewed for placement in our permanent collection, education collection, or library.
1. Museum personnel cannot offer appraisal services.
2. Items being donated are most valuable for the stories they tell. We ask donors to accumulate as much background information as possible on their artifacts (who owned them, when and where they were used). That information will be gathered by staff at the time of donation.
3. All donated items are accepted on a conditional basis, with a final decision subject to an evaluation by Museum staff.
4. Items accepted as donations are documented with a written “Deed of Gift” form, signed by both the donor and a museum representative in order to transfer custody to the Richard I Bong Veterans Historical Center.
5. Donors of items which, upon evaluation, cannot be accepted by the Museum will be notified as such and will have 30 days to retrieve their items, after which the Museum reserves the right to dispose of the items in whatever manner it deems suitable.
To begin the donation process, contact us by phone or via the below form.